Fr. Terence Belcher and a host of others received a Blue Dove award for his work in the Community of Palm Beach.Â The Blue Dove Award is given each year to nominees for their outstanding community service work. Other honorees this year were
- Dr. Janice Cover, Improving Schools Consulting Services
- Omari Giscombe, Artists Showcase of the Palm Beaches
- Jack Hairston, Jack the Bike Man
- Willie Miller, Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners
- Shenetria Moore, Palm Beach Home Health Agency
- Tino Negri, ComForcare Senior Services
- Guarn Sims, Palm Beach County School District
- Grasford Smith, Jones Foster Johnston & Stubbs, P.A.
The award ceremony is presented by Hospice of Palm Beach County, the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Palm Beach County and the Black Chamber of Commerce of Palm Beach County. Guest speaker was Estella Mims Pyfrom, CEO of Estella’s Brilliant Bus and a 2013 CNN Hero.
The Awards Luncheon was held at the Marriott in West Palm Beach on July 9, 2014. The Mayor of West Palm was also present and congratulated the Award winners.